terça-feira, 13 de outubro de 2009

Taking with Dostoevsky

My meeting with The Greatest Dostoevsky

I was in my house in a beautiful morning of a sunny day, when suddenly a famous Russian writer appeared. It was Fyodor Dostoevsky that lived between 1821 and 1881.Dostoevsky was a Russian novelist, journalist, and short-story writer. His best books are: "Crime and Punishment" (1866), "The Idiot" (1868-69), "The Possessed" (1872), and "The Brothers of Karamazov" (1879-80). The quotes from Fyodor Dostoevsky are famous in the literature world. I was very surprised, because I never thought of meeting a great person in a simple moment. But I was happy a lot of, because I loved his novels. It was a great moment in my life. I had just read a part of his romance “The Idiot”. So, I asked him about his life. I would like to know several things about him. Dostoevsky for me, besides Gabriel Garcia Marques, Machado de Assis and João Guimarães Rosa, is the best writer of the world. I remembered what Dostoevsky said to me:

_ Hello! May I come in?

I surprised, said:

_ Oh! Sorry, get in, please.

Dostoevsky looked at me as who knew what I thought, about that moment, and told me:

_ My Dear! I am here because I know everything about you, and I would like to know, why did you not learn Russian yet? You should read my books in Russian, and only in Portuguese, or topics in English. You need to know about my language. It is a great language. I know that you are occupied a lot. However, it is important that you learn Russian. What is more, the Russian literature is very interesting as you know. I am a simple writer. Leon Tolstoy is the greatest Russian writer.

_ No Mr. Dostoevsky, I disagree. I like very much Tolstoy because of his importance of the world of literature, but I think that you are the greatest Russian writer. And what is more, I prefer you as my biggest writer.

_ Boris Pasternak also is a greatest Russian writer without talking in another.

_ I know Mr. Dost., I love Doctor Zhivago, from greatest writer Pasternak, but I like too, your writings.

Fyodor Dostoevsky was in silence as someone who could say several things, but do not want to talk more. So, after a long pause, he told me.

_ I will come back soon. Wait for me in the next year my friend. Good bye and be careful.

Then when I looked for him, he was not there anymore, and the beautiful morning of a sunny day had ended.

By

Adão

Nenhum comentário: